On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 12:46 +0100, Jens Axboe wrote: > On Fri, Dec 09 2005, Erik Slagter wrote: > > I case this (still) isn't clear, I am addressing the attitude of "It's > > ACPI so it's not going to be used, period". > > The problem seems to be that you are misunderstanding the 'attitude', > which was mainly based on the initial patch sent out which stuffs acpi > directly in everywhere. That seems to be a good trigger for curt/direct > replies. This is the post I object to: [http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=113404894931377&w=2] >> Ok. What's the right layer to do this? The current ACPI/anything >> else glue depends on specific knowledge about the bus concerned, and >> needs callbacks registered before devices are added to that bus. >> Doing it in the sata layer would have the potential for unhappiness >> on mixed sata/scsi machines. > Don't do it at all. We don't need to fuck up every layer and driver for > intels braindamage.