On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 10:54 -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote: > > > > Have you tried booting with idle=poll? I wonder if that would help? > > > > No, I thought that was strictly an SMP issue. I'll try it as well. > > It effects SMP mostly. I doubt that it will effect UP, but the tsc is > still not consistent. I tried rt4-sr2 and got the same results (also with idle=poll for completeness :). I'm beginning to think that it's some sort of interaction with the BIOS (either that or just weird hardware). When I compared the two sets of boot outputs, the boot that succeeded (dmesg-rt4-sr2.good.txt, with WAKEUP_TIMING, LATENCY_TIMING and LATENCY_TRACE turned off) shows APIC probes and PCI probes that don't have corresponding prints in the failed boot (dmesg-rt4-sr2.fail.txt). I tried booting variously with: pci=routeirq acpi=noirq lapic but saw no change in behavior. Have you tried booting your system with a up kernel? Clark -- Clark Williams