On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 16:04 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote: > Ok so you wanted linux-kernel to diagnose your hardware for you? I was hoping for some help in narrowing it down, yes. Jeroen's reply was very helpful, and more among the line of what I was expecting. I have contacted all vendors involved now, and it looks like the system RAM is not fully compatible with the mainboard. With regard to the message, I would suggest an alternate wording like such: A hardware component in your system is failing. Please contact your hardware vendor(s). If unsure, contact your CPU vendor first. Regards, Tony V.