On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 13:58 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote: > yes but note that by caching the whole mapping on 64-bit we get > everything we want: trivially lockless, works from any CPU, can be > preempted at will, and there are no ugly INVLPG flushes anywhere. I was assuming that on 64-bit, the map would be created at driver init time and be left in place until the driver closed; if that's what you mean by 'caching', then yes, we should cache the map. > 32-bit we should handle as well but not design for it. As long as we get kmap_atomic-like performance, and we get to simplify our code, I'm up for it. -- keith.packard@intel.com