On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 14:24 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote: > I'm not that fan of carrying a mapping with a struct resource because if > we do that we should probably also refcount the mapping, and then there > is the whole question of mappings with different attributes, etc etc... I'm fine with sticking the mapping in a separate structure; it's just the return from ioremap_wc on 64-bit systems, and nothing at all on 32-bit systems. I don't really see the advantage of moving it into the resource, especially as we may need different access modes (UC vs WC) for different portions of a single BAR. We may want to add some bounds and access mode information to this structure to check for broken drivers. -- keith.packard@intel.com