On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 09:38 -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote: > > 2.6.28-rc1 broke my (intel 4965) wireless, and I've bisected it down to > > the commit below..... something's fishy with this... > Additionally if the old behaviour is desired for now (until distributions > catch up and add CRDA) CONFIG_WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY can be enabled > and you'll get the old behaviour of defaulting to country "US". Luis, Arjan's bug is actually indicative of a driver bug, he told me that he actually runs into driver message like "cannot set TX power while scanning", and it's fixed by setting WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY for some reason. Arjan, do you still have the actual messages you get when it fails? That's a separate bug we should address, rather than relying on it not happening with the old regulatory setting. johannes