* Reminder: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections and Nomination process, Election tonight tokyo time
@ 2009-10-20  0:20 James Bottomley
From: James Bottomley @ 2009-10-20  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tech Board Discuss; +Cc: linux-kernel, ksummit-2009-discuss

The elections for five of the ten members of the Linux Foundation
Technical Advisory Board[TAB] are held every year. This year, the idea
is to be open to both KS and JLS attendees who wish to vote (should a
joint event between KS and JLS on Tuesday turn up, it will be held there
instead).

The election will be held at Gonpachi in Ginza

http://www.gonpachi.jp/en/g_zone/home/location

at 21:00 or shortly afterwards.  Any JLS or KS attendee is welcome to
turn up and vote (small quantities of food and beverage will be provided
as an incentive).  Nominations will be accepted at the location until
shortly after 21:00.

Anyone is eligible to stand for election, simply send your nomination
to:

Tech-board-discuss@lists.linux-foundation.org

We currently have Ten nominees for Five places:

Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Christoph Lameter <christoph@lameter.com>
Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Roland Dreier <roland@digitalvampire.org>
John W. Linville <linville@tuxdriver.com>
Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>
David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>
Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>

The deadline for receiving nominations by email is also up until the the
election is held (on the Evening of 19 October Japan time). Although,
please remember if you're not going to be present that things go wrong
with both networks and mailing lists, so get your nomination in early).

James Bottomley (TAB Chair)

* Re: [Tech-board-discuss] Reminder: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections and Nomination process, Election tonight tokyo time
@ 2009-10-20  8:39 ` James Bottomley
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: James Bottomley @ 2009-10-20  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tech Board Discuss; +Cc: linux-kernel, ksummit-2009-discuss

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 09:20 +0900, James Bottomley wrote:
> The elections for five of the ten members of the Linux Foundation
> Technical Advisory Board[TAB] are held every year. This year, the idea
> is to be open to both KS and JLS attendees who wish to vote (should a
> joint event between KS and JLS on Tuesday turn up, it will be held there
> instead).
>
> The election will be held at Gonpachi in Ginza
>
> http://www.gonpachi.jp/en/g_zone/home/location
>
> at 21:00 or shortly afterwards.  Any JLS or KS attendee is welcome to
> turn up and vote (small quantities of food and beverage will be provided
> as an incentive).  Nominations will be accepted at the location until
> shortly after 21:00.
>
> Anyone is eligible to stand for election, simply send your nomination
> to:
>
> Tech-board-discuss@lists.linux-foundation.org
>
> We currently have Ten nominees for Five places:
>
> Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
> Christoph Lameter <christoph@lameter.com>
> Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
> Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
> Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
> Roland Dreier <roland@digitalvampire.org>
> John W. Linville <linville@tuxdriver.com>
> Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>
> David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>
> Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>

We have three more nominees:

Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca>
Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Matthew Wilcox <matthew@wil.cx>

> The deadline for receiving nominations by email is also up until the the
> election is held (on the Evening of 19 October Japan time). Although,
> please remember if you're not going to be present that things go wrong
> with both networks and mailing lists, so get your nomination in early).

There's a typo in here, it's actually the 20th of October (today) not
the 19th

James

* Re: [Ksummit-2009-discuss] [Tech-board-discuss] Reminder: Linux  Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections and Nomination process,  Election tonight tokyo time
@ 2009-10-20  9:34   ` Luis R. Rodriguez
From: Luis R. Rodriguez @ 2009-10-20  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Bottomley; +Cc: Tech Board Discuss, linux-kernel, ksummit-2009-discuss

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:39 PM, James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@hansenpartnership.com> wrote:

>> We currently have Ten nominees for Five places:
>>
>> Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
>> Christoph Lameter <christoph@lameter.com>
>> Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
>> Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
>> Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
>> Roland Dreier <roland@digitalvampire.org>
>> John W. Linville <linville@tuxdriver.com>
>> Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>
>> David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>
>> Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
>
> We have three more nominees:
>
> Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca>
> Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
> Matthew Wilcox <matthew@wil.cx>

Besides a name, it'd be nice to hear why the candidates believe they
should be voted for. Perhaps 2 sentence blurb at dinner?

  Luis

@ 2009-10-20  9:37     ` James Bottomley
From: James Bottomley @ 2009-10-20  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis R. Rodriguez; +Cc: Tech Board Discuss, linux-kernel, ksummit-2009-discuss

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 18:34 +0900, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:39 PM, James Bottomley
> <James.Bottomley@hansenpartnership.com> wrote:
>
> >> We currently have Ten nominees for Five places:
> >>
> >> Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
> >> Christoph Lameter <christoph@lameter.com>
> >> Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
> >> Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
> >> Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
> >> Roland Dreier <roland@digitalvampire.org>
> >> John W. Linville <linville@tuxdriver.com>
> >> Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>
> >> David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>
> >> Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
> >
> > We have three more nominees:
> >
> > Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca>
> > Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
> > Matthew Wilcox <matthew@wil.cx>
>
> Besides a name, it'd be nice to hear why the candidates believe they
> should be voted for. Perhaps 2 sentence blurb at dinner?

Yes, we'll have a hustings where the candidates outline why you should
vote for them.  Any nomination statements from candidates not present
will be read out at that time.

James

* Results of the TAB election
@ 2009-10-20 15:09   ` James Bottomley
From: James Bottomley @ 2009-10-20 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tech Board Discuss; +Cc: linux-kernel, ksummit-2009-discuss

As a result of the proceedings at the Gonpachi, we have the results in
order of popularity.  The five new members of the TAB elected to two
year terms are:

Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>

James

* Results of the Linux Foundation TAB election
@ 2012-08-30 17:47   ` James Bottomley
From: James Bottomley @ 2012-08-30 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tech Board Discuss; +Cc: linux-kernel, ksummit-2012-discuss

As a result of the election at Bali Hai, The five new members of the TAB
elected to two year terms are:

Chris Mason <chris.mason@fusionio.com>
James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@HansenPartnership.com>
John W. Linville <linville@tuxdriver.com>