On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 14:26 +0100, Joel Reardon wrote: > p.s., I'm new to this git; git format-patch gives me one patch per commit, > which is a pity for a commit that e.g, fixes a typo. Format-patch > doesn't obviously report how to produce unified patches. Creating a new > branch, applying the patches, committing, and generating a new patch seems > too much overkill but I've seen it proposed. Simpler way? The --amend option of git commit allows you to update the current HEAD commit. I could not really understand which other questions you ask, but if you have a specific question - I may try to help. -- Best Regards, Artem Bityutskiy