On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 16:30 +1000, Nick Piggin wrote: > Note that in writeback paths, a "good citizen" filesystem should not require > any allocations, or at least it should be able to tolerate allocation failures. > So fixing that would be a good idea anyway. This is a good point, but UBIFS kmallocs(GFP_NOFS) when doing I/O because it needs to compress/decompress. But I agree that if kmalloc fails, we should have a fall-back reserve buffer protected by a mutex for memory pressure situations. -- Best Regards, Artem Bityutskiy