On Sat, 2012-12-29 at 00:21 -0800, Jonathan Nieder wrote: > Ben Hutchings wrote: > > > This adds PCI ID for IVB GT2 server variant which we were missing. > > As discussed at [1], this triggers a small regression with Debian > wheezy userspace (X freezing instead of erroring out). libdrm hasn't > been updated in wheezy since then, and I wouldn't be surprised if > other distros were affected, too. Has there been a kernel patch since > then to avoid that? > > Though I wouldn't mind seeing this applied anyway, FWIW, as long as > the announcement mentions the userspace bugfix needed. > > [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.bugs.general/978320/focus=74843 Sorry, forgot we'd discussed this before. Thinking over this again, I'm not convinced that X freezing at startup is a significant regression from X failing to start. Either way, it's unusable unless you explicitly configure it to use vesa. Ben. -- Ben Hutchings It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice versa.