* Re: About 2.6.38.X-rt
       [not found] <CAPxaQjU_gYfSZ+6=7U4mf=2suNwy3iKOBukCEp6UodzBM03_jw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2013-01-29 23:27 ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2013-01-29 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhenjiao Lu; +Cc: stable-rt, tglx, linux-kernel

On Mon, 2013-01-21 at 18:37 +0800, Zhenjiao Lu wrote:
> Dear Madam/Sir,
>
> Hello & Greetings from China.
>
> I am a college student in China, now working on the thesis paper,
> which is about the performance of Real Time Linux on embedded devices.
> And I am quite a freshmen in Linux.
>
> I searched on the Website
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/ , but
> unfortunately I couldn't find the right rt patch for kernel version
> 2.6.38. So I am writing to inquire if there is a substitute
> or compatible patch version for 2.6.38 version? Please help me and I
> will be waiting for your kind reponse.

Hi,

I'm sorry but we never pushed out a 2.6.38. Things got stuck at 2.6.33
as redesigns in the kernel cause major changes needed in the -rt patch.

Your best bet is to start with the 3.0 kernel, and try to backport that.
Note, 3.0 is really just a fancy name for 2.6.40. Where 2.6.40 is only
two versions passed 2.6.38.

Good luck,

-- Steve

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-01-29 23:27 UTC | newest]