On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 07:38 -0400, Jason Cooper wrote: > > The scheme is also quite useful for new tree developers since it will > > show them the universe of device tree attributes that have already > > been standardized. By using comments, you could probably turn the > > device tree documentation into the schema source files. > > One more note on schema, since DT is a description of hardware, it would > be useful to have two comments, a url to the datasheet, and a canonical > name of the datasheet suitable for $searchengine. Where available, of > course. Yes, that's a very good idea. After all, the behaviour described in (a specific version of) the datasheet is an *implicit* part of the DT binding. If I tell you "there is an 8390 ", then we damn well ought to agree about how an 8390 behaves. And what revision of the chip can be assumed from a given 'compatible' string. -- David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre David.Woodhouse@intel.com Intel Corporation