On Mon, 2014-03-17 at 14:56 -0700, Greg KH wrote: > No you can't, sorry. > > And this seems like a huge abuse of sysfs, you better be using binary > sysfs files for your log data... > > Do you have a pointer to where you document this sysfs api in > Documentation/ABI/ ? Yes, the patch adds the documentation along with the facility, I've attached the doc file to this email. This is a wrapper on top of firmware interfaces, in a way we are following ACPI precedent of exposing a bunch of things via sysfs, which also happen to be a simple and very convenient way of doing it. The log itself is a binary attribute in PEL format (or SEL when we support that), we have a userspace parser. > > Now regarding the practicals of sorting out our trees, Stephen suggested > > that rather than doing anything on my side (heh, I like that !), you > > should revert the last patch of the series, the one removing the old > > API, in your tree. > > > > It can then be re-applied later around rc1. > > I'll look to see if we can do that, let me dig it up out of my tree... Thanks. That's how Stephen is fixing it up in -next at the moment. Cheers, Ben. > thanks, > > greg k-h > -- > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in > the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org > More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html > Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/