On Mon, 2015-05-18 at 21:29 -0400, Mimi Zohar wrote: > On Fri, 2015-05-15 at 17:52 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote: > > Signed-off-by: David Woodhouse > > I assume the patch descriptions will be added before being upstreamed. This patch aborts modules_install when signing fails :) > With this patch, as expected the modules_install aborted on failure. Is > there any way to capture the reason for the failure? In my case, > dropping the '-j ' option resolved the problem. Hm, was there no output from sign-file when this happened? Remember that with a parallel make the error which stops the build might not be the last thing it printed. Can you show the full output? It's possible that there's a limit on the number of sessions you can have open to the hardware token, and we are exceeding it with a parallel build. I thought that pcscd was going to serialize the access and it should work properly though. I can certainly do 'make -j modules_install' with a Yubikey NEO here (although my test build only has about 20 modules). Any better ideas on how to specify the key passphrase/PIN? Just put it in a file in the top-level directory? -- David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre David.Woodhouse@intel.com Intel Corporation