Le jeudi 14 janvier 2016 à 18:21 +0100, Kamil Debski a écrit : > I had a look into the documentation of MFC. It is possible to force > two types of a frame to be coded. > The one is a keyframe, the other is a not coded frame. As I > understand this is a type of frame that means that image did not > change from previous frame. I am sure I seen it in an MPEG4 stream in > a movie trailer. The initial board with the age rating is displayed > for a couple of seconds and remains static. Thus there is one I-frame > and a number of non-coded frames. > > That is the reason why the control was implemented in MFC as a menu > and not a button. Thus the question remains - is it better to leave > it as a menu, or should there be two (maybe more in the future) > buttons? Then I believe we need both. Because with the menu, setting I-Frame, I would expect to only receive keyframes from now-on. While the useful feature we are looking for here, is to get the next buffer (or nearby) to be a keyframe. It's the difference between creating an I-Frame only stream and requesting a key-frame manually for recovery (RTP use case). In this end, we should probably take that time to review the features we have as we need: - A way to trigger a key frame to be produce - A way to produce a I-Frame only stream - A way to set the key-frame distance (in frames) even though this could possibly be emulated using the trigger. cheers, Nicolas