On Tue, 2016-07-26 at 11:22 -0700, william.c.roberts@intel.com wrote: > The recent get_random_long() change in get_random_range() and then the > subsequent patches Jason put out, all stemmed from my tinkering > with the concept of randomizing mmap. > > Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, including any feedback > indicating that I am idiot. The RAND_THREADSTACK feature in grsecurity makes the gaps the way I think would be ideal, i.e. tracked as part of the appropriate VMA. It would be straightforward to make it more general purpose.