On Tue, 2016-10-04 at 08:35 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote: > * Andy Lutomirski wrote: >  > > > We can get rid of fpu.counter, since nobody uses it > > > any more. > > > > We should definitely do this. > > > > Maybe getting in some cleanups first (my lazy fpu deletion, > > fpu.counter removal, etc) first is the way to go. > > Could you guys please submit all pending FPU bits that aren't new > functionality to -tip? I'll remove lazy FPU handling if you don't > beat me to it. > > Plus after lazy FPU removal we should take another good look and > make the FPU state machine even more obvious and self-documenting. > > Upstream merge commit 597f03f9d133 would be a good base. I am flying out to Europe tomorrow, but will try to get you the cleanups some time this week.  Besides the first four patcehs from Andy, there is a shortlist of a few more small changes. -- All Rights Reversed.