On Mon, 2016-11-07 at 10:34 +0100, Linus Walleij wrote: > > On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 11:59 PM, Joel Stanley wrote: > > > In the future I think we should send fixes separately from the rest of > > the series, so it's clear to Linus where we expect patches to end up. > > > > Perhaps Linus can share his preference with us? > > Just make it clear to me where the patch is headed, if it is > a fix or a new feature. > > Also mixing stuff in big series is of course problematic because > all the CC:in on MFD patches and whatnot that I don't apply > makes the picture blurry, but sometimes it is anyways needed > for context so it is a soft requirement. Context was my concern here and I would otherwise have split the rest of the patches along mfd/pinctrl boundaries. I felt the situation was odd enough to warrant presenting the full picture. Andrew > > Yours, > Linus Walleij