On Sun, 2016-12-04 at 12:58 -0800, Eric Dumazet wrote: > On Sun, 2016-12-04 at 12:11 -0800, Joe Perches wrote: > > Convert sizeof foo to sizeof(foo) and allocations with multiplications > > to the appropriate kcalloc/kmalloc_array styles. > > > > Signed-off-by: Joe Perches > > --- > > Gah. > > This is one of the hotest NIC driver on linux at this moment, > with XDP and other efforts going on. > > Some kmalloc() are becoming kmalloc_node() in some dev branches, and > there is no kmalloc_array_node() yet. Well that kmalloc_array_node, like this patch, is pretty trivial to add. Something like the attached for kmalloc_array_node and kcalloc_node. > This kind of patch is making rebases/backports very painful. That's really not an issue for me. > Could we wait ~6 months before doing such cleanup/changes please ? This is certainly a trivial patch that could be done at almost any time. > If you believe a bug needs a fix, please send a patch to address it. > > Thanks. No worries.