I've recently been getting strange system lock-ups - often my system just dies, but occasionally I get messages in dmesg. I've tried to isolate the problem by increasing the available swap (I now have > 2x RAM), removing my reiserfs partitions (I'm now running with ext2) and downgrading from kernel 2.4.5 to 2.4.4, but I'm still seeing the problem. Here are the two logs that I've been able to get - after I got these logs I rebooted my machine and it failed to unmount my /home partition with the message "device busy". The first one happened on June 4th with a 2.4.5 kernel: