On Mon, 2018-01-22 at 12:25 -0800, Guenter Roeck wrote: > > It uses "-mindirect-branch=thunk -mindirect-branch-loop=pause > -fno-jump-tables", though I don't know if that even exists in > upstream gcc (it is the gcc use for Chrome OS builds). I'll pass > your feedback to our compiler team. We moved on from that and the upstream retpoline support in the kernel won't recognise it. > Either case, I think it is less than optimal that objtool crashes > with _any_ object code. Yeah, I'll give you that one :)