On Thu, 2018-07-19 at 10:09 -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote: > > Of course, the real reason for the lack of fault on your part will not > because I believe I found the bug elsewhere, but instead because I will > be dropping your patch (and mine as well) on Frederic's advice.  ;-) You're keeping the need_resched() one though? And we are still left with the fact that CONTEXT_TRACKING_FORCE is making the existing code in guest_enter_irqoff() do the wrong thing for !NO_HZ_FULL. But in fact the rcu_virt_note_context_switch() there is completely redundant now we fixed need_resched(), so can be dropped, leaving only the rcu_user_enter/exit calls for the NO_HZ_FULL case?