On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 10:40:54 +0800, "Wang, Yalin" said: > I am really confused, > I read this web: > http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/info.php > it said use diff -urN to generate patch like this: > > diff -Nru linux.orig/lib/string.c linux/lib/string.c > > but I see other developers use git format-patch to generate patch and > submit to the patch system. > Git format-patch format can also be accepted by the patch system correctly ? > If yes, I think this web should update, > Use git format-patch to generate patch is more convenient than use diff -urN 'diff -urN' has the advantage that it will work against a tree extracted from a release tarball, and doesn't have a requirement that you have git installed. Having said that, somebody who has access to the website probably should update it to mention that both methods are acceptable....