On Mon, Jul 03, 2023 at 07:19:00PM +0100, szabolcs.nagy@arm.com wrote: > The 07/02/2023 18:03, Edgecombe, Rick P wrote: > > 3. Support more options for shadow stack sizing. (I think you are > > referring to this conversation: > > https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/ZAIgrXQ4670gxlE4@arm.com/). I don't see > > why this is needed for the base implementation. If ARM wants to add a > > new rlimit or clone variant, I don't see why x86 can't support it > > later. > i think it can be added later. > but it may be important for deployment on some platforms, since a > libc (or other language runtime) may want to set the shadow stack > size differently than the kernel default, because I agree that this can be deferred to later, so long as we err on the side of large stacks now we can provide an additional limit without confusing things.