On Sunday 02 September 2012 11:52:27 Thierry Reding wrote: > This small series fixes a build error due to a circular header > dependency, exports the timer API so it can be used outside of > the arch/mips/jz4740 tree and finally moves and converts the > JZ4740 PWM driver to the PWM framework. > > Note that I don't have any hardware to test this on, so I had to > rely on compile tests only. Patches 1 and 2 should probably go > through the MIPS tree, while I can take patch 3 through the PWM > tree. It touches a couple of files in arch/mips but the changes > are unlikely to cause conflicts. Exporting the hardware outputs PWM2-7 as index 0-5 in the PWM core is rather confusing. I discussed with Lars on IRC and it's probably better to expose PWM0-7 through the API, but refuse to hand out PWM0 and PWM1 when requested, since their associated timers are in use by the system. I attached a diff that illustrates this approach. Note that if this approach is taken, the beeper ID in board-qi_lb60.c should be changed back from 2 to 4, since the beeper is attached to PWM4. I tested the "for-next" branch on the Dingoo A320 with the pwm-backlight driver. It didn't work at first, because the PWM number and the timer number didn't align: I requested PWM number 5 to get PWM7 and the GPIO of PWM7 was used, but with timer 5 instead of timer 7, resulting in a dark screen. However, it works fine after adding PWM0/1 as described above. If other people want to test on real hardware, you can find the code in branch jz-3.6-rc2-pwm in the qi-kernel repository. Unfortunately our web interface for git is still broken, but the repo itself is fine. git://projects.qi-hardware.com/qi-kernel.git Bye, Maarten