On 01/02/2020 01:22, Jens Axboe wrote: > On 1/31/20 3:15 PM, Pavel Begunkov wrote: >> Apart from unrelated first patch, this persues two goals: >> >> 1. start preparing io_uring to move resources handling into >> opcode specific functions >> >> 2. make the first step towards long-standing optimisation ideas >> >> Basically, it makes struct io_submit_state embedded into ctx, so >> easily accessible and persistent, and then plays a bit around that. > > Do you have any perf/latency numbers for this? Just curious if we > see any improvements on that front, cross submit persistence of > alloc caches should be a nice sync win, for example, or even > for peak iops by not having to replenish the pool for each batch. > > I can try and run some here too. > I tested the first version, but my drive is too slow, so it was only nops and hence no offloading. Honestly, there waren't statistically significant results. I'll rerun anyway. I have a plan to reuse it for a tricky optimisation, but thinking twice, I can just stash it until everything is done. That's not the first thing in TODO and will take a while. -- Pavel Begunkov