Hi folks, this is a list of patches I collected while looking at the memory management sources. Two patches might improve the performance of your box. The others are more or less cosmetic. This mail is sent with a kernel using these patches. Here is a list sorted with decreasing importance: patch-uk2 makes use of the pgd, pmd and pte quicklists for x86 too; risky: there might be a reason that 2.4.x doesn't use the quicklists. patch-uk6 In 2.4.x _page_hashfn divides struct address_space pointer with a parameter derived from the size of struct inode. Deriving this parameter from the size of struct address_space makes more sense -- at least for me. patch-uk5 cleans the bd_flush_param union. patch-uk1 fixes a comment typo in asm-i386/highmem.h. patch-uk3 fixes a comment typo in asm-i386/pgtable-3level.h. Ciao, Uli Kunitz -- Ulrich Kunitz (gefm21@uumail.de)