On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 11:39:49PM -0700, Patrick Mochel wrote: > First off, the patch went into a pre-release of the kernel. Never would I > trust a pre-release to be stable. The issue is that of interface stability, as I'm sure you know. > Second of all, if you look at the big picture, you may see the benefit in > the change that was made. There is an effort to make Linux support power > management, both at the system-wide level and at the driver level, in a > much better way than it ever has. These changes are a manifestation of > that effort. I've no doubt that new and better functions were necessary: but couldn't it have been done in a source-compatible way? New functions rather than changed ones? > Thirdly, these functions are rarely used. Not every single driver is in Linus' tree. I didn't see a feature-test macro either: did I miss it? Tim. */