From: Mario Mikocevic <mozgy@hinet.hr>
To: Juri Haberland <juri@koschikode.com>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, haberland@altus.de, kraxel@bytesex.org
Subject: Re: Need a helping hand (realproducer and radio device)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:17:10 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

> > I have an Hauppauge WinTV/Radio card and I want to be able to use it's radio
> > device as a source for live broadcast.
> >
> > It's RH71 distro updated with mainstream 2.4.5 .
> >
> > Radio device works fine on it's own meaning that I can tune the station and
> > listen to it.
> >
> > RealProducer (8.5) also works fine meaning that it encodes video inputs and Line-In
> > input into realmedia stream just fine.
> >
> > The problem is that in startup realproducer mutes (IMO) or shuts down or something, that radio
> > device on bt8x8 card and therefore no actual audio signal gets to Line-In resulting in no audio
> > in realmedia stream.
>
> I had a similar problem long time ago. The point is that the realproducer
> mutes the recording source in the mixer. Try to reenable it using aumix or
> a similar application.

Well, it seems that problem is not in muted device ->

before starting realproducer :

# aumix -q
vol 94, 94
pcm 94, 94
speaker 0, 0
line 93, 93, R
mic 0, 0, P
cd 0, 0, P
pcm2 0, 0
igain 0, 0, P
line1 0, 0, P
phin 0, 0, P
phout 0, 0
video 0, 0, P

after starting realproducer :

# aumix -q
vol 94, 94
pcm 50, 0
speaker 0, 0
line 93, 93, R
mic 0, 0, P
cd 0, 0, P
pcm2 0, 0
igain 0, 0, P
line1 0, 0, P
phin 0, 0, P
phout 0, 0
video 0, 0, P

if I get back those values with aumix I still don't get audio from radio device so it
must be something with bt8x8 radio part ->

# radio 88.1 <> /dev/null
open /dev/radio: Device or resource busy

Gerd, can you help here please !?

--
Mario Mikočević (Mozgy)
My favourite FUBAR ...