* Need a helping hand (realproducer and radio device)
@ 2001-06-14  7:34 Mario Mikocevic
From: Mario Mikocevic @ 2001-06-14  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

I have an Hauppauge WinTV/Radio card and I want to be able to use it's radio
device as a source for live broadcast.

It's RH71 distro updated with mainstream 2.4.5 .

Radio device works fine on it's own meaning that I can tune the station and
listen to it.

RealProducer (8.5) also works fine meaning that it encodes video inputs and Line-In
input into realmedia stream just fine.

The problem is that in startup realproducer mutes (IMO) or shuts down or something, that radio
device on bt8x8 card and therefore no actual audio signal gets to Line-In resulting in no audio
in realmedia stream.

What can be done ?

 unfortunately, changing hardware is not a strong option for me

 everything like kernel/driver/userspace_utils patches is welcome

 I'll gladly accept even library hacks :)

 even a pointer to documentation _how_ it can be done is appreciated
  (I'll try doing programming myself then :)

TIA,

--
Mario Mikočević (Mozgy)
My favourite FUBAR ...

* Re: Need a helping hand (realproducer and radio device)
@ 2001-06-14  9:26 ` Juri Haberland
From: Juri Haberland @ 2001-06-14  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mario Mikocevic; +Cc: linux-kernel

In article <20010614093405.C6467@danielle.hinet.hr> you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an Hauppauge WinTV/Radio card and I want to be able to use it's radio
> device as a source for live broadcast.
>
> It's RH71 distro updated with mainstream 2.4.5 .
>
> Radio device works fine on it's own meaning that I can tune the station and
> listen to it.
>
> RealProducer (8.5) also works fine meaning that it encodes video inputs and Line-In
> input into realmedia stream just fine.
>

> The problem is that in startup realproducer mutes (IMO) or shuts down or something, that radio
> device on bt8x8 card and therefore no actual audio signal gets to Line-In resulting in no audio
> in realmedia stream.

I had a similar problem long time ago. The point is that the realproducer
mutes the recording source in the mixer. Try to reenable it using aumix or
a similar application.

Juri

--
Juri Haberland  <juri@koschikode.com>

* Re: Need a helping hand (realproducer and radio device)
@ 2001-06-14 13:17   ` Mario Mikocevic
From: Mario Mikocevic @ 2001-06-14 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Haberland; +Cc: linux-kernel, haberland, kraxel

Hi,

> > I have an Hauppauge WinTV/Radio card and I want to be able to use it's radio
> > device as a source for live broadcast.
> >
> > It's RH71 distro updated with mainstream 2.4.5 .
> >
> > Radio device works fine on it's own meaning that I can tune the station and
> > listen to it.
> >
> > RealProducer (8.5) also works fine meaning that it encodes video inputs and Line-In
> > input into realmedia stream just fine.
> >
> > The problem is that in startup realproducer mutes (IMO) or shuts down or something, that radio
> > device on bt8x8 card and therefore no actual audio signal gets to Line-In resulting in no audio
> > in realmedia stream.
>
> I had a similar problem long time ago. The point is that the realproducer
> mutes the recording source in the mixer. Try to reenable it using aumix or
> a similar application.

Well, it seems that problem is not in muted device ->

before starting realproducer :

# aumix -q
vol 94, 94
pcm 94, 94
speaker 0, 0
line 93, 93, R
mic 0, 0, P
cd 0, 0, P
pcm2 0, 0
igain 0, 0, P
line1 0, 0, P
phin 0, 0, P
phout 0, 0
video 0, 0, P

after starting realproducer :

# aumix -q
vol 94, 94
pcm 50, 0
speaker 0, 0
line 93, 93, R
mic 0, 0, P
cd 0, 0, P
pcm2 0, 0
igain 0, 0, P
line1 0, 0, P
phin 0, 0, P
phout 0, 0
video 0, 0, P

if I get back those values with aumix I still don't get audio from radio device so it
must be something with bt8x8 radio part ->

# radio 88.1 <> /dev/null
open /dev/radio: Device or resource busy

Gerd, can you help here please !?

--
Mario Mikočević (Mozgy)
My favourite FUBAR ...