Hi, Attached is a patch to enforce a non-blinking, FreeBSD-syscons like block cursor in console mode. This is useful for laptop types, or people like me who really really detest a blinking cursor. NOTE: It disables the softcursor escape codes (/usr/src/linux/Documentation/VGA-softcursor.txt), since I don't ever want anything to change my cursor shape/style :) It applies cleanly against 2.4.5, to use, select: 'VGA block cursor (non-blinking) support' in the 'Console drivers' section of menuconfig. Have fun, Leon. -- lj breedt coder