* Re: Asus CUV4X-DLS
       [not found] ` <01Jun28.041132edt.62285@gpu.utcc.utoronto.ca>
@ 2001-07-01  6:47   ` J. Nick Koston
From: J. Nick Koston @ 2001-07-01  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Siebenmann; +Cc: linux-kernel

   I thought it was ok with a 2.4.5-ac kernel however it started
acting up again today giving more i/o errors.  I think I'm just going
to give up on these boards as I have 3 of them doing the exact same
thing.  However they are flawless in up mode.

         Nick

--

BurstNET -  The Speed the Internet Travels

To place an order, or for more info, contact;
BurstNET Technologies, Inc. - BurstNET
Toll Free 24/7/365 Support: 1-877-BURSTNET
Phone (570) 389-1100 - Fax (570) 389-1855=20
http://www.burst.net - sales@burst.net
P.O. Box #400  Bloomsburg, PA 17815-0400 USA
A World Wide Leader in Web Hosting & Internet Solutions
The Best Value For Your Dollar On The Net!

Copyright 1996-2000 ©
BurstNET Technologies, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 232 bytes --]

* Re: Asus CUV4X-DLS
@ 2001-06-28 19:32         ` J. Nick Koston
From: J. Nick Koston @ 2001-06-28 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Cavan; +Cc: linux-kernel

   It seems to be ok with 2.4.5-ac19, so I guess I'll just wait for
2.4.6 and hope that resolves it for good.

         Nick

--

@ 2001-06-28 12:27       ` John Cavan
From: John Cavan @ 2001-06-28 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. Nick Koston, linux-kernel

@ 2001-06-28 12:14     ` John Cavan
From: John Cavan @ 2001-06-28 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. Nick Koston; +Cc: linux-kernel

"J. Nick Koston" wrote:

> Thanks for the tips, however it doesn't help :-(

It was worth a shot...

> > Also, try passing "noapic" to the kernel on boot if the problem still
> > persists. The downside is that all interrupts will be handled by a
> > single CPU. There is a definite problem with VIA chipsets.
> >
> Tried this as well (mentioned in my original email)

I realized that after I sent the message. Doh!

       [not found] ` <3B3AA1DE.E4419FA8@damncats.org>
@ 2001-06-28  3:35   ` J. Nick Koston
From: J. Nick Koston @ 2001-06-28  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Cavan; +Cc: linux-kernel

Thanks for the tips, however it doesn't help :-(

Anyways in case anyone is curious the i/o problem still happens
with an aic7xxx card put in and the onboard scsi disabled.

[snip]
> "J. Nick Koston" wrote:
> >
> > There seems to be a major problem with this board and 2.4.x kernels.
> > I consistantly get SCSI Input/Output errors on multiple drives that I
> > know are good when running a SMP kernel.  These errors do no happen
> > with a UP kernel.  This is happening on multiple systems and with
> > multiple know good scsi drives of all speeds and sizes.
>
> Make sure you have the latest BIOS upgrade and set the MPS revision in
> the BIOS to 1.1 rather than 1.4. This cured a similar issue for me and
> USB on the CUV4X-D motherboard, but as your board is different, your
> mileage may vary.

Already set at 1.1

--

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 232 bytes --]

* Asus CUV4X-DLS
@ 2001-06-28  1:53 J. Nick Koston
       [not found] ` <3B3AA1DE.E4419FA8@damncats.org>
From: J. Nick Koston @ 2001-06-28  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)