From: Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@suse.de>
To: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com>, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: alloc_skb cannot be called with GFP_DMA
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 18:16:06 +0200	[thread overview]

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 05:03:12PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > A fast grep revealed a few buggy network drivers already (of course the
> > bug is going to affect only ISA drivers so it's not a showstopper).
>
> "It doesnt affect my computer so its not a problem" - humm

I never said anything like that, with "it's not a showstopper" I only
meant "it doesn't affect 99% of the hardware configurations out there".

> If somoe can add the needed isa dma handling to alloc_skb (or alloc_isa_skb)

alloc_isa_skb will avoid to slowdown alloc_skb so I prefer it compared
to hiding the logic inside alloc_skb.

> I'll go and fix all the drivers up.

Thanks. With the bugcheck patch I wanted to make _sure_ that somebody
will do that (which is very far from "... so it's not a problem" :).

Andrea