Hi, I updated the patches to 2.4.9-pre4 along with a few other changes: - Fix bh_kmap_irq nested irq bug (Andrea, me) - Remove __scsi_end_request changes and add hard_cur_sectors locally. Done to minimize changes on core code, the new code was not buggy but it's probably more of a 2.5 thing. (me) - Remove 'enabling highmem I/O' messages (me) - Up queue_nr_requests a bit (me) - Drop page_to_bus and page_to_phys from my tree, identical version are in the main line now. (me) - Sync pci-dma changes with my bio patch set -- use of sg_list and pci_map_sgl makes support of highmem easy. See ide-dma changes. The single page mappings of pci_map_page/unmap_page are good too, of course. SCSI uses the horrible pci_map_sg hack... (me) There are just two patches now: - block-highmem-all-7 has everything - pci-dma-high-1 has PCI DMA changes to support mapping of highmem pages - block-highmem-7 has core and driver updates The two latter patches equals the former. Currently it will only compile on x86 due to the scatterlist changes, I'd appreciate info from arch maintainers on whether the pci-dma-high-1 patch does something which can't be readily supported on non-x86 platforms. Dave, comments on that? To me it looks fine, but I could be missing something. And Dave, should I add the 64-bit stuff I started again? :-) Testers are more than welcome. Oracle had some very abysmal profiling numbers for the stock kernel and bouncing, I won't even show those here in fear of inducing vomit attacks in the readers. The patch is considered stable. Can't get in to kernel.org currently, so I'm attaching the two patches. They aren't that big anyway... -- Jens Axboe