On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 12:00:24PM +0100, Martin Dalecki wrote: > Hello Vojtech. > > I have noticed that the ide-timings.h and ide_modules.h are running > much in aprallel in the purpose they serve. Are the any > chances you could dare to care about propagating the > fairly nice ide-timings.h stuff in favour of > ide_modules.h more. > > BTW.> I think some stuff from ide-timings.h just belongs > as generic functions intro ide.c, and right now there is > nobody who you need to work from behind ;-). > > So please feel free to do the changes you apparently desired > to do a long time ago... Hmm, ok. Try this. It shouldn't change any functionality, yet makes a small step towards cleaning the chipset specific drivers. Reading through them as I was doing the changes, I found out that most of them compute the timings incorrectly. Because of that I also removed the pio blacklist (which is going to come back in a more powerful form, merged together with the DMA blacklist), because that one is based on ancient experiments with the broken CMD640 chip and a driver which doesn't get the timings correct either. The blacklist is plain invalid. I plan to focus on the most important drivers first, to fix and clean them, working with the authors where possible. -- Vojtech Pavlik SuSE Labs