On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 06:50:50PM +0200, Pavel Janík wrote: > I use non-modular kernel with parport_serial driver built in (NetMos-based > cards, 2.4.latest-vanilla patched for NetMos PCI IDs). The problem is that > parport_serial is initialized before serial driver and thus both serial > ports on that card are detected as ttyS00. This patch helped me: Doesn't that then break ppdev? I think the correct solution was posted here not long ago---to add a call to the serial driver's init function in parport_serial (with a protection against it being run multiple times). Tim. */