From: DragonK <dragon_krome@yahoo.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Linux Kernel 2.4.x Bug
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:34:21 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Dear Sirs,

I'm sorry if I'm sending this to the wrong persons,
but I really don't know whom I should send this to.

My problem involves ALL linux kernels 2.4.x. All
versions I've tried on my machine lock up at boot time
(no panic, no oops, just plain old dead), just after
writing "Uncompressing linux kernel...Ok, now booting
the kernel...". The kernel banner DOES NOT appear. I
compiled every kernel with a minimal set of options
(and CPU=386) but nothing; I've even installed the
latest Lilo.

My machine is:

Cyrix 6x86L PR200+, 32Mb Ram, S3Trio32/64 video card,
2.1 Gb Quantum Pioneer HDD, mainboard with ACER
chipset TX-PRO (older mainboard, M560(?) I don't
exactly know it's name), but I can try to find out.

I would greatly appreciate if you could send me a
suggestion, or an alternate mail address which I could
send this to.

Thank you very much for your time.

Luta Cosmin Alexandru

http://sbc.yahoo.com