From: Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: [offtopic] Linux Weekly News
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:00:39 -0700	[thread overview]

Linux Weekly News almost went off the air because they ran out of money.
They are trying out a subscription model, with reasonable terms, $5/month
and they release the content to everyone a week later.  These folks are
nice people who provide useful reporting and have done a lot for all of
us, I think it would be a good thing to show some support for them and
sign up.

I'm not associated with them, I don't get money or anything else from
them, in fact, Jon and I have butted heads multiple times, so this isn't
some sort of self serving message.  I'd just like to see the "community"
for once actually act like a community and warmly support one of our own.
BitMover is signing up our people, this is not a lot of money to a
company, you folks at places like IBM, HP, etc, really ought to consider
a site subscription, you have benefited plenty from the Linux community,
how about little giveback in some hard cold cash?