* A newbie's question
@ 2002-09-26 14:52 immortal1015
From: immortal1015 @ 2002-09-26 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi, all. I am a newbie to Linuxe Kernel. I am reading the kernel source about bootstrap in Linux.
I was confused by the boot.s:
/////////////////////////////
   	mov	ax,#BOOTSEG
	mov	ds,ax
	mov	ax,#INITSEG
	mov	es,ax
	mov	cx,#256
	sub	si,si
	sub	di,di
	rep
	movw
	jmpi	go,INITSEG
1. What assembly language used in boot.s? Intel Asm or AT&T?
2. Where is the definition of operand movw and jmpi? I cant find it in the Intel Manual.

Please give me some adivices.

Best regards.