* Framebuffer still "EXPERIMENTAL"?
@ 2002-09-27  7:09 Joerg Pommnitz
From: Joerg Pommnitz @ 2002-09-27  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel

Hello Listees,
yesterday I compiled 2.5.38 for the first time and noticed that the
framebuffer option is still marked "EXPERIMENTAL". Well, I know for sure
that I used the VESA-FB 3 years ago to get X running on a strange laptop
graphic chip, so it is at least that long available (actually I think it
got introduced for the Sparc port somewhen in 1995??).

I think it's about time to promote the framebuffer code to a full fledged
kernel feature. Comments?

Regards
  Jörg

=====