From: "Albert D. Cahalan" <acahalan@cs.uml.edu>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] procps 2.0.9
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:43:45 -0400 (EDT)	[thread overview]

> Procps is the package containing various system monitoring tools, like
> ps, top, vmstat, free, kill, sysctl, uptime and more.  After a long
> period of inactivity procps maintenance is active again and suggestions,
> bugreports and patches are always welcome on the procps list.

It should be mentioned that this is a fork off of an obsolete
code base. I was keeping quiet in hopes of resolving the fork.
Many of the "fixes" have been in Debian's procps for years.

Debian's code has been fully maintained for years. It is
available in CVS at SourceForge. Let us know what you think
of the new "top" program.