From: Andre Costa <brblueser@uol.com.br>
To: DervishD <raul@pleyades.net>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Known 'issues' about 2.4.19...
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:42:01 -0200	[thread overview]

Hi Raúl,

I've been using 2.4.19 for a couple of months already. Generally
speaking, I've had no probls with it. I recently found out its IDE
subsystem doesn't get along too well with VIA chipsets (replaced my old
mobo for a VT8233 based recently and probls started surfacing).
Basically, I am unable to rip audio tracks from my cds
(/var/log/messages logs a lot of timeouts).

This is a real PITA, but kernel folks are already aware of it and and
it's going through major reimplementation on 2.5.x branch, AFAIK. Also,
I've seen increasing activity on VIA's Linux forums (this issue has
surfaced a couple of times there as well), so there's hope VIA might
start working closer to the Linux community.

Aside from this, I've been using it daily at home, for all sorts of
things.

HTH,

Andre

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:40:52 +0200
DervishD <raul@pleyades.net> wrote:

>     Hi all :))
>
>     Is there any known bug or other issues about 2.4.19 that prevents
> it from being used in a production machine? I mean, I don't worry if
> the sound is broken or things like those, I mean if the IDE driver
> does 'things' and the like ;))
>
>     I'm thinking about going to 2.4.19 or the latest -ac for 2.4.20.
>
>     Thanks a lot :)
>     Raúl
> -
> linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org