On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:32:01 GMT, Sean Neakums said: > commence Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu quotation: > > > The real problem is that C doesn't have a good multi-level "break" > > construct. On the other hand, I don't know of any language that has > > a good one - some allow "break 3;" to break 3 levels- but that's > > still bad because you get screwed if somebody adds an 'if' > > clause.... > > Perl's facility for labelling blocks and jumping to the beginning or > end with 'next' and 'last' may be close to what you want, but I don't > know if it's ever been implemented in a language one could sensibly > use to write a kernel. Hmm.. I'm not a Perl wizard.. Yeah, that's what I meant, and no, that's not a sane kernel language. ;)