On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 08:21:34PM +0000, Christoph Hellwig scribbled: [snip] > > check the first filesystem the kernel oopses with Oops code 0002, in the > > interrupt handler. Nothing gets logged, of course, so I can't provide the > > full backtrace right now - I'll try to get it logged through the serial console > > if it happens again with 2.5.58. I have copied some values by hand from the > > screen (until I lost patience... :)): > > > > Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 000500074 > > printing EIP > > Hmm, that's really no much info. And there weren't any XFS changes from > 2.5.52 to 2.5.58.. Yep, that's why I wrote about something that affected XFS - at first I thought it might have been preemption but then I checked I had it on also on 2.5.55. I'm running 2.5.58 currently and should the oops happen again, I'll either transcribe the screen or get a screenshot via serial console. The only thing I added in my > .55 config was the freebsd slice support and the UFS support (as the module), but I doubt that would be the cause, although, who knows? thanks, marek