On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 14:37:26 GMT, Alan Cox said: > On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 09:12, Andre Hedrick wrote: > > Jeff, > > > > Since you have not signed their contract for product, you have no idea if > > there are restrictions. Nor do I. > > > > Remember "Contract Law" may restrict what their customers can do. > > But not to the GPL code part of it Although a US court recently held a "thou shalt not badmouth our product" clause in a contract illegal, I don't see where the GPL prohibits a contract that contains a clause "the recipient agrees not to engage in actions A, B, or C" where C is "distribute the code". The GPL prohibits such a restriction *IN THE DISTRIBUTION LICENSE*. It doesn't say squat about whether I agree to some restriction in some OTHER agreement. -- Valdis Kletnieks Computer Systems Senior Engineer Virginia Tech