On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:40:46 +0300, Denis Vlasenko said: > OTOH "I can go read the source" is the ultimate documentation > which we have for zero extra effort. It's a non-zero extra effort for me to poke around in the source for drivers/video/riva/fbdev.c trying to find what parameters are legal to attach to 'video=rivafb' - at least one posting to LKML has listed append="video=rivafb,xres:1024,yres:768,bpp:8" but looking at the rivafb_setup() code that only checks for "forceCRTC", "flatpanel", and "nomtrr" - so even MORE digging is needed to find out who parses the xres, yres, bpp values, what other values are legal, etc etc.