I'm trying to have usb working on my pc, based on a dual athlon and a motherboard GA-7DPXDW with linux 2.4.20 with the patch for xfs from sgi and the patch for the sensors. I was reading the linux-usb faq and I found: > Sometimes a BIOS fix will be available for your motherboard, and in > other cases a more recent kernel will have a Linux fix. You may be > able to work around this by passing the noapic boot option to your > kernel, or (when you're using an add-in PCI card) moving the USB > adapter to some other PCI slot. If you're using a current kernel and > BIOS, report this problem to the Linux-kernel mailing list, with > details about your motherboard and BIOS. So I'm writing hoping to be helpful. Usb works, but I have to pass noapic to the kernel. Otherwise I get "device not accepting address" when I plug a device in the usb port. The motherboard has been bought in september. I remember the older mobos had the southbridge b1, which had a faulty usb. My mobo has got the southbridge b2, which works. Is there anything useful I can do? Can you please explain me what "noapic" does? I think it changes the way interrupts are handled, but I'm not sure. Do I miss something when I pass noapic to the kernel? Bye PS: can you please cc your answer to my mailbox? Thank you. -- Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia.