* Julien Oster (frodo@dereference.de) wrote: > > Hello, > > it's been quite a while that I noticed that any ordinary user, not > just root, can type "dmesg" to see the kernel ring buffer. > > My question now is: Why? I often saw things in the kernel ring buffer > which I don't want every user to know (e.g. some telephone numbers with > ISDN). > > Are there any problems in just letting root get the contents of the > kernel ring buffer? > > Julien > - grsec has an option to do this: http://www.grsecurity.net/ -- Jason Cook | GnuPG Fingerprint: D531 F4F4 BDBF 41D1 514D GNU/Linux Engineering Lead | F930 FD03 262E 5120 BEDD evolServ Technology | Home page: http://reinit.org cthread. cthread_fork(). Fork, thread, fork!