On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:04:34 EDT, Timothy Miller said: > Great. Why do I have a feeling that installing it will bork my > workstation? Not to say that it can't be done but that I will probably > screw it up. I'm sure that Red Hat (7.2) has some dependencies on there > being 2.96 installed. Any suggestions on how I might deal with this > problem? Well... > I'm not actually going to run the kernel. Then the use of 3.0.2 won't matter.. > I'm trying to do an allyesconfig kernel so that I can get all printk > format strings. 'make -k' should suffice there. I assume you're grovelling them out of the .o files? Otherwise, just grepping the *.c should be OK. Also, note that you probably want to *also* do an 'allmodconfig' just in case there's printk inside a #ifdef MODULE....