* oops in kmalloc
@ 2003-04-23  3:41 ramands
From: ramands @ 2003-04-23  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, linux-newbie
  Cc: whitnl73, ray, sneakums, marcus, martin.zwickel

Hello,
i am getting OOPS in Kmalloc .

void **data;
qset = 1000;

dptr->data = kmalloc(qset * sizeof(char *), GFP_KERNEL);

what could the possible the cause of the error

Raman

 Buy The Best In BOOKS at http://www.bestsellers.indiatimes.com

Bid for for Air Tickets @ Re.1 on Air Sahara Flights. Just log on to http://airsahara.indiatimes.com and Bid Now !

* OOPS in Kmalloc
@ 2003-04-24  4:16 ramands
From: ramands @ 2003-04-24  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, linux-newbie; +Cc: whitnl73, ray, sneakums

Hello,
i am getting OOPS in Kmalloc .

void **data;
qset = 1000;

dptr->data = kmalloc(qset * sizeof(char *), GFP_KERNEL);

what could the possible the cause of the error

Raman

 Buy The Best In BOOKS at http://www.bestsellers.indiatimes.com

Bid for for Air Tickets @ Re.1 on Air Sahara Flights. Just log on to http://airsahara.indiatimes.com and Bid Now !

* Re: Re: OOPS in Kmalloc
@ 2003-04-24  8:45 ramands
From: ramands @ 2003-04-24  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy.Dunlap; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-newbie

hello randy
as i am new to kernel level programing
i do not know how to decode a oops . could you tell me how to do it
i will mail the exact oops messages in next mail
right now i am debugging by using printk only

raman
"Randy.Dunlap" wrote:

> Hello,
> i am getting OOPS in Kmalloc .
>
> void **data;
> qset = 1000;
>
> dptr->data = kmalloc(qset * sizeof(char *), GFP_KERNEL);
>
> what could the possible the cause of the error
As I am so fond of saying, it's almost always correct to indicate what
kernel version one if referring to in a problem report.

Please decode the oops output and post it here.

~Randy